We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join our team in Denver, Colorado working on a small team of developers supporting multiple, diverse projects on both the front- and back-end. These projects include: a large web-based platform with multiple custom plugins, Firefox and Google Chrome browser extensions, iOS and Android apps, as well as other smaller web-based projects.
This is not a remote position, as our team works together in the office during non-COVID times (see our COVID-19 considerations below).
The candidate will:
- Work on a growing, fast-paced, agile team in a start-up-like environment within a profitable company
- Write high quality, maintainable code, sometimes working independently to develop, test, and document coding solutions
- Collaborate closely with UX Researchers, designers, other developers, and clients to build new features and expand existing functionality
- Develop new features using test-driven development on both the front- and back-end
- Troubleshoot the cause of bugs and implement solutions when needed
- Continually look for ways to improve or optimize our technology
Who Should Apply?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (ideally in computer science or related field)
- 2+ years experience developing web applications and engaging user interfaces including:
- Experience with D3.js
- Strong knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks (Yii or Laravel in particular)
- Backend development (ideally with LAMP stack) including database and RESTful API development
- Understanding of and experience with Git
- Passion for all things code-related and desire to not just solve problems, but find the best method to solve each problem with high-quality, well-documented, performant code
- Eagerness to work on a small team as a self-starter and to learn new tools, languages, and frameworks as needed
- Strong attention to detail and an enjoyment solving complex problems with a “can-do” attitude.
- Solid communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to work and prioritize on multiple projects
- Familiarity with Docker, Ansible, and DevOps
- Knowledge of GraphQL
- Server administration and management experience
- Experience with iOS/Android App developments
- Competitive salary based on experience level/education
- Retirement account with immediately vesting company contribution
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous unlimited vacation policy
- Paid holidays
- Gym membership credit
- Support and resources for learning job-related skills
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado (no location flexibility).
Send an email to email@example.com with a one page résumé and letter about your background and interest in the position.
We are a small office that is able to socially distance and alternate days for in-office work. Developers work full-time from home when they are not scheduled to come into the office. We have cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer available in the office.
Posted October 9th, 2020