MeasuringU is looking for a Software Architect to be a technical leader, hands-on developer and mentor for our engineering team. You will be responsible for collaborating with various members of the team to determine the functional and non-functional requirements for projects and then leading the efforts to plan and deliver on those projects. Our ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving and leadership skills, and be excited to level-up and scale-up our team and software.
The Company: MeasuringU is a services and software company at the forefront of User Experience Research. As a small company we believe in coming together as a team and working smarter not harder to get things done. The company is led by strategic thinkers who value employee input while supporting and encouraging employees to reach their full potential.
The Dev Team: We are a small team in a start-up-like environment and are excited to bring in someone to help us grow and scale with our product. You would report directly to the CTO and work closely with her to lead and plan the direction of the team.
We have aggressive growth plans for this product, as it is a high priority for the company. We are looking for architectural guidance both at the code and infrastructure level to ensure the scalability of the product. Some initial projects include assessing our current code architecture and scoping out the expansion of our devops pipeline including leveling up our automated testing system and deployments. Future projects include leading the exploration and early-stage evaluation of AI/LLM use cases.
- Own the code architecture and ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Write and test code as needed
- Help write and communicate project specifications
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial designs/functionality and efficiency of the team
- Establish a set process for maintaining documentation
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers (both in-house and remote contractors)
- Work with CTO to lead the technical direction of our software
- At least 5 years work experience in a software architect role
- Experience developing in an enterprise software system as a full stack developer
- Extensive knowledge of architecture and software engineering with current and advanced technologies, at all layers (application, data, platform), including cloud
- Experience with CI/CD best practices, methods, frameworks and tools
- Experience mentoring junior developers and leading projects
Location: MeasuringU is located in Denver, Colorado. We are looking for someone that can be in-person coming into the Cherry Creek office most days.
Salary: $110,000.00 – $160,000.00 per year
If you’re interested, please apply here and provide an updated resume. We also strongly recommend including a cover letter with what interests you about this position and why you are a good fit.
UPDATED: February 2nd, 2024