We are looking for a UX Research Manager to join our team in Denver, Colorado.
This is not a remote position as we conduct a significant amount of in-person research in our Denver labs.
As the Research Manager at MeasuringU, you will work closely with the Principal and Distinguished UX Researcher to lead our team of UX researchers in a fast-paced agency environment and ensure we are providing the highest quality deliverables to our clients. You will help oversee researchers at all stages of the research process, and assist with research scoping, planning, and execution.
Activities and Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing Researchers: Oversee researchers’ projects at all stages of the research process, including study test development, programming, analysis, and reporting. You will ensure that all researchers are following procedures and checklists for high quality deliverables. You will meet with researchers for weekly one-on-one meetings to review their progress, check in on professional growth, and discuss any current challenges they may be facing.
- Hiring and Training: Recruit and hire talented researchers and facilitate their onboarding experience.
- Project Scoping: Assist with project scoping and planning with our clients. Partner with internal teams, like our recruiters and proposal specialists to assess project feasibility based on factors such as timelines, budget, and research goals. Assign projects to UX researchers based on their current bandwidth, experience, and specialties.
- Supervise Client Interaction: As a client agency, we work closely with clients to accomplish their project goals. This requires clear communication and consistent updates to clients, as well as making sure the project stays in scope and on track to achieve their research goals. You will ensure that all researchers are communicating clearly, empathetically, and effectively with our clients.
- Professional Development: Work with the principal to conduct weekly professional development workshops covering a variety of topics in UX methods and client communication to the research team. Encourage learning new skills and analysis methods in the UX field.
Who Should Apply
We are interested in UX professionals with prior management experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in mixed methods user research or related experience, and has managed a team before, ideally in an agency environment
- 2+ years previous research management experience developing and motivating an impactful UX research team
- Experience working with a rapidly growing research operations and scaling research practices
- Experience conducting and analyzing surveys, moderated usability testing, in-depth interviews and presenting findings.
- Ability to quickly grasp new situations, synthesize large amounts of information quickly, and creatively problem solve
- Superior time, resource, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and thrives in growth-oriented and time-critical environments
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytic/technical propensity a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience level/education
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous unlimited vacation policy
- Paid holidays
- Gym membership credit
- Support and resources for learning job-related skills
Please apply on Indeed with a one page résumé and cover letter about your background and interest in the position.
Posted April 28, 2022