We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our team in Denver, Colorado. Our ideal candidate will have project coordination and research experience that includes conducting moderated sessions with participants/users. This is not a remote position, as we do have a need for our researchers to conduct some in-person moderated sessions.
The UX researcher will help conduct moderated usability tests and assist with everything from scoping projects, creating test-plans, designing studies, moderating user interviews, analyzing data, and reporting results. You will work side-by-side with experienced researchers in a fast-paced client environment, where communication, team work, and prioritization are key skills.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Usability Testing: Help conduct in-person and remote evaluations of users attempting tasks on websites or with software in our lab in Denver. This requires a heavy emphasis on thorough communication with colleagues, clients, and participants; interpersonal skills; detailed note taking; and troubleshooting technology.
- Project Coordination: Manage multiple research projects simultaneously to keep them on track with timelines. This involves coordinating internal researchers and support staff to accomplish our client’s projects in a timely manner.
- Client Interaction: As a client agency, we work closely with clients to accomplish their project goals. This requires clear communication and consistent updates to clients, as well as making sure the project stays in scope and on track to achieve their research goals. We often present research findings to stake holders, so attention to detail and confidence presenting results are important.
Who Should Apply
We are interested in both entry level candidates who have some professional experience, as well as more experienced candidates.
- Thorough question asking and note taking skills
- Quick learner: ability to quickly grasp new situations, synthesize large amounts of information quickly, and find answers
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- General stats knowledge (don’t need to be an expert)
- Excellent writing skills, especially an ability to communicate complex concepts
- Ability to troubleshoot technology
- Background in User Experience, market research, psychology, statistics, or related fields a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and an analytic/technical propensity a plus
- Agency or client experience a plus
- Masters or PhD a plus
- Competitive salary based on experience level/education
- Retirement account with immediately vesting company contribution
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous unlimited vacation policy
- Paid holidays
- Gym membership credit
- Support and resources for learning job-related skills
This is a full-time position in Denver, Colorado. This is not a remote position, as we do have a need for our researchers to conduct some in-person moderated sessions.
Please apply on Indeed with a one page résumé and cover letter about your background and interest in the position.
Posted August 2022