Unmoderated usability tests use software that administers tasks and questions to participants around the world without the need of a facilitator. It is a highly effective technique for collecting a lot of data quickly.
MeasuringU has extensive experience with unmoderated platforms like Loop11 and we use our own customizable testing and survey platform MUIQ that integrates task-based questions with 30 other question types with logic, quotas and randomization suitable for even the most complex experimental setups.
- Supports task-based questions.
- Shows where users click with heatmaps.
- Recording sessions of users on websites (including web apps and https).
- Automatically collects task times and click paths.
- Tracks advanced metrics on in-page behavior (clicking, scrolling, and latency).
- Supports full survey logic and 30 question types.
- Supports post-task and pre- and post study questions.
- Randomizes tasks and groups.
Unmoderated testing isn’t always the best usability testing method. For complex tasks that aren’t easily verified with a question or URL and websites or apps that require authentication, purchases, or customized account access, moderating testing may be a better approach.
Licensing cost of MUIQ is included in the services agreement.