MeasuringU is a Denver based market research company that conducts dozens of studies a year for national retail, cable, software and internet companies looking for a range of qualified participants. Most studies pay between $100 – $150.
The studies are conducted at our facilities in Cherry Creek North in Denver (1st and Cook St. in Denver) and usually last around an hour. While the details of each study differ, in general you will be asked to use a website (like eBay.com), an app on a tablet, or watch Cable TV.
How it Works
We’ll ask you to complete tasks as if you were using the website or software on your own. At the end of the study, we’ll pay you through PayPal or an Amazon gift card.
We’re interested in how people use websites, products and software, so there’s not much you can do wrong. We’re really interested in getting in the minds of consumers like you, to better understand what works and doesn’t work, so companies can improve the ease of use.
We conduct studies about every other-week, so even if you don’t immediately qualify, we’ll likely be able to use you in the near future!
If your information matches our criteria for a study, MeasuringU will call or e-mail you to ask if you are interested and available. You will then be asked to answer a few questions to see if you qualify for the study. If you are qualified, we will invite you to participate in our office located at 3300 E 1st Avenue, Suite 350, Denver, CO 80206 .
There is free parking on the street and the bus line stops nearby.
Most sessions will be recorded and observed, but these recordings are used for internal record keeping and won’t be shared with anyone except our clients.
We will not ask you to divulge personally identifiable information. We will not sell or distribute any information to third parties. We may ask you about your personal habits but this information will be used for our research on the project and shared with our client in a non-identifying manner.
We will only contact you regarding an upcoming study and you will not receive unsolicited emails or phone calls for registering.
A few things to keep in mind
- Be honest, we’re not looking for you to tell us what we want to hear. We’re looking for how you actually use websites and products and what you think as well as your habits and attitudes.
- If you are selected to participate, please arrive for your appointment on time.
- Please do not attend to your phone during the session unless it’s an emergency, we really want your full attention.
- Be ready to talk and let us know your thoughts. We ask participants to think out loud. We really want to get inside your head and know what you thinking–what’s easy, what’s hard, what you like or don’t like.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule, please give us as much advance notice as possible.
- Have Fun! You’ll often get to be the first to try new products or websites.