Updated February 17, 2023
MeasuringU (“MeasuringU”, or “we” or “us”) provides certain services that allow our customers to create and administer surveys. We may host our customers’ surveys on our servers or in the cloud and collect the responses to those surveys on their behalf. Our customers may also upload contact information of potential survey respondents to invite them to participate in a survey. We refer to this contact information and survey responses as “Survey Data”. Our customers are the owners of all Survey Data, and we process it solely in accordance with our agreements with our customers.
1. The information we collect about you
1.1 Survey Data. We collect your survey responses. It is also possible that our customer uploaded your contact information to enable them to invite you to participate in a survey and to send email reminders to you. As explained above, we process this Survey Data on our customer’s behalf and make no use of it ourselves.
1.2 Technical Information. We collect information relating to your interaction with our software and services, including browser type and version, device used, operating system, date/time stamp, IP address, clicks and videos while participating in surveys, and your URL when installing our plug-in.
1.4 Your Contact Information. We will collect information from you if you contact us directly, for example in relation to a survey invitation that you have received.
1.5 Plugin Data. In order to participate in our surveys, you will be required to install the MeasuringU plugin. We use our plugin to assist in administering our surveys, including for collecting the survey data and technical information described above in sections 1.1 and 1.2.
2. How we use your information
2.1 Survey Data. We hold, store, and process your Survey Data solely to provide our products and services to our customers. We only use your Survey Data for our own purposes if required to do so by law.
2.2 Technical Information. We will use your information to administer and maintain our systems and to ensure network and information security. For example, to prevent unauthorized access to our networks, to investigate issues, to control the abuse of our products or services, and to monitor our system usage and server load. We may also use this information in aggregate form to improve our products and services.
2.3 Cookies. If customers enable cookies, our online survey services will use a cookie to prevent you from completing the same survey multiple times.
2.4 Your Contact Information. We will only use your contact information where you contact us directly in order to respond to your enquiry. In many cases this is likely to involve referring you to our customer for them to respond to you directly.
We will not use any information that we hold about you for our own marketing purposes.
3. Who we share your information with
3.1 Survey Data. Unless we are required to do so by law, we will not disclose your Survey Data to any third parties other than our customers and our subprocessors (such as our affiliates and hosting providers) that have been authorized by our customer in our agreement with them.
3.2 Your Contact Information. Where you contact us directly, we may, if appropriate, refer your enquiry to our customer.
4. Your rights as a data subject
4.1 Your Right to Access. At your request, we will provide you with information about any of your personal information (other than your Survey Data) that we may hold and will provide a copy of this information to you. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com. You may also request that we update, amend, correct, or delete your personal information.
If you wish to access, correct, or delete your Survey Data, opt out of any use or disclosure of your Survey Data or exercise any of the other rights described below in relation to your Survey Data, you will need to contact our customer directly. Where necessary, we will provide assistance to our customers to deal with your request.
- Right of Erasure. You have the right to request the deletion of any personal information we hold about you. However, there may be certain cases where deletion is not possible, such as when it is necessary for that information to be retained for record keeping purposes or compliance with our own legal obligations.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to our processing and use of your personal information. In some cases, we may be able to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process or use your information which may override your rights.
- Right of Restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing or use of your personal information (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Request Data. You may request a copy of any personal information we hold about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on your consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with your request. You have the right to lodge a complaint with an independent public authority.
5. How long we keep your information
5.1 Survey Data. Our customers determine how long they store your Survey Data in our products and services, so if you have any questions, please ask them directly.
5.2 Personal Information. Aside from Survey Data, we will keep personal information we collect about you as long as there is a reasonable basis to do so. For example, to enforce any relevant law, the provisions of any agreement, to resolve any past, current, or future dispute, or any other business, tax, or legal purpose. When we dispose of personal information, we will do so in a secure manner.
6. Security of your information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and use commercially reasonable measures inline with current industry standards to protect your information, including but not limited to electronic and administrative safeguards designed to help make personal information secure. We will make reasonable attempts to provide you with notice in the event of a security breach.