Click testing involves asking participants to click an area or areas on an image based on your study criteria. This may be a static image of current website or application content, or a prototype of potential user interface options. Click testing requires software and is part of the MUIQ platform.
Click testing is useful for understanding where participants expect to find information on a screen.
Click testing can be used to better understand participant instincts of where to click to:
- Find information on websites
- Navigate to products
- Access specific menus within an application
- Refining research questions, hypotheses, and metrics. We work with the product teams to identify the images to show and the areas of interest within the images (Hotspot Regions).
- Hosting the study in an unmoderated testing environment using our custom testing platform.
- Recommending the right sample size.
MeasuringU can manage and recruit qualified participants. We assist in developing screeners, scheduling, and managing participant honorariums and communication.
A click test provides both metrics and visual representations of participant clicks. The most common outputs include first or total clicks:
- within specified “Hotspot Regions” (success/neutral/fail)
- as dots on the image
- as dots with heat gradients added
- as a spatial heat gradient