Survey Design & Analysis
Surveys are an essential and cost effective tool for many stages in customer and user research. The nature of the questions differs depending on the goals of the survey research. Common survey types include:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Segmentation Surveys
- Customer Loyalty
- Perception of Usability or UX Quality
MeasuringU provides full support for surveys including planning, question and response writing, hosting on our custom platform, recruitment, and analysis.
PLANNING + PROGRAMMING
- Refining research questions, hypotheses, and sampling strategy including advanced survey designs such as conjoint and Kano analysis.
- Writing and refining questions and response options, and recommending standardized questionnaires where possible.
- Programming and hosting. MeasuringU has its own dedicated survey platform with advanced survey logic and 30 question types, including task-based questions and heat maps.
- Recommending the right sample size. There isn’t a one-size-fits-all number; instead the right number is based on the level of precision or if a comparison is needed. Most surveys have between 100-300 participants, which provides a margin of error around 5-7%.
MeasuringU can manage and recruit qualified participants. We assist in developing screeners, scheduling participants, and managing participant honorariums and communication.
The MeasuringU team analyzes survey data using two tiers of thorough analysis.
- Summarizing descriptive statistics with graphs and tables.
- Cross-tabbing on key variables.
- Summarizing verbatim comments.
- Confidence intervals and inferential statistics where appropriate.
- Creating composite variables from multiple response options.
- Identifying key drivers of outcome variable.
- Assessing the reliability of attitudinal questionnaires
- Uncovering latent constructs and groups (factor and cluster analysis).